I have lots of business-y stuff to go over with you today – but it’s FUN business-y stuff, not the dry, number-crunching sort of business-y stuff.
1) The Winner of our last giveaway! Congratulations to Wendy, who said, “The Woolly Nest & Eggs are my favorite but all of her designs are adorable!” One copy of the Woolly Nest and Eggs pattern is headed your way. I’m thinking that I’ll make a nest for Christmas and put some eggs in that are winter-y in for a table decoration.
2) We have dates for the Needle Felt Sushi classes. We have two different sessions: Wednesday April 18 or 25, from 10:10 – 1:00. The cost of the class is $45. You can register through our website or call us.
3) Our new Lunchbox Series of classes is on the calendar. We’ve selected a few of our favorite quick projects that also make great gifts. Each class is one session from 12:30 – 2:00; we’ll get you started on each item and the 90 minute class should get you pretty far into each project. Play a little hooky and get a head start on gift knitting!
4) Have you started thinking about Mother’s Day yet? We’re full of ideas and suggestions, whether you want to knit a gift or purchase a gift for a knitter. Keep your eyes on the blog and our emails for these in the next few weeks.
5) Needles, Hooks and Books has our new book for the May meeting. We’re going to read C.J. Box’s Force of Nature.
The first chapter of the book is available as a free pdf from his website, so you can try it out before committing to finding it at the library or the bookstore. We meet on the second Tuesday of each month, so in May, we will be meeting on Tuesday May 8. We have a morning and evening session; 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend (and knit or crochet while we discuss), although we do ask that you RSVP on Ravelry or call or email us by 6 p.m. Monday May 7.
Whew. I think that is it! If you have any suggestions of tutorials or techniques you’d like to see on the blog, feel free to let us know. We’re always open to new ideas.